I have my Mom

by SAK at/on 2:23 AM
in

Farah Khan’s all set for her new chat show Tere Mere Beach Mein, which will feature Salman Khan and his mother Salma, who’s always kept a low profile in its first episode.
Tere Mere Beach Mein takes a topic that is sometimes socially relevant, sometimes fun and at all times identifiable for the audience,” says an excited Farah. “Our first episode tonight has the topic ‘Mamma’s Boys’, where we talk about our nation’s obsession with the ‘mother’! In this case, we have Salman and his absolutely adorable mum, Salma aunty.

Along with them, in our last segment, we’ve got a mamma’s boy of another kind, basically a common man, whose mother sacrificed the money for her operation for him and now he’s struggling to get her treated; and his wife who feels like the third party in this mother-son relationship,” she explains.

This is the first show made by Farah’s production house Three’s Company. And partnering it with Star Plus, this show attempts to entertain in a candid and funny manner which, at times, gets extremely emotional. “We’ve had to stop the shoot a couple of times when some celebrities broke down. Though I could hear the channel guys jumping with glee in the control room!” says Farah.

So what really got this choreographer-turned-director interested in a chat show of this kind? “I didn’t want just another celeb show. I mean, Simi (Grewal) and Karan (Johar) have done it all and done it brilliantly, so how was this one to be any different?” Farah says her main aim was to somehow involve normal, middle-class people in her show.

“That’s because in a case of inverted/reverse snobbery, in an industry that endorses glamour and over-rated materialism, I do claim to have middle-class values. I have come up the very hard way and somehow buying a purse that costs more than a lakh is something my system doesn’t absorb. So if you ever see me with a designer bag, rest assured it has been gifted to me, more often than not by Karan!

I personally do the grocery shopping for my household in the local supermarket and yes, I repeat my clothes!” laughs Farah.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

free counters

 
fineprint
(c) Bollywood Entertainment News · · · Blogger Template by SAK and All Rights Reserved 2009-10