Sonam Kapoor In Movie Aisha

by SAK at/on 1:22 AM
in

Sonam Kapoor is single in real life, but she will be wooed by three men in her next film Aisha, a romantic comedy based on Jane Austen’s.

The film is being produced by her sister Rhea under their father Anil Kapoor’s banner. And, it has current favourites Abhay Deol, Arunoday Singh and VJ Cyrus Sahukar pitching for the 22-year-old actress who, at two films, is already a celebrated name in Bollywood.

“But hello,’’ says Sonam, who is flying to New Delhi to start work on the film, “women outnumber men on this project.’’ The director is Rajshri Ojha, screenplay writer Devika Bhagat, dialogue writers Ritu Bhatia and Devika, production designer Shruti Gupte, costume designer Pernia Qureshi, my sister Rhea is the producer and I’m the lead ctress. Of course, there are a few talented men on the project — like Javed Akhtar saab (lyrics), Amit Trivedi (music) and Manu Rishi (dialogues) but, by and large, it’s going to be one big hen party.’’

What’s more, almost the entire cast and a major part of the crew are in the age group of 25-26. “I thought I was one of the youngest girls in Bollywood,’’ says Sonam. “But when I started work on Aisha I realized almost everyone on the set is my age or even younger than I am.’’

Sonam, who has been having readings for the film with Abhay, says of the actor, “He is super-talented. I can’t tell you how excited I am to work with him. He is playing Mr Knightley in Aisha and I can barely wait for shooting to begin.’’ What’s more, as soon as she wraps up Aisha, she will join Imran Khan on the sets of Karan Johar’s romantic caper I Hate Luv Stories directed by debutant Puneet Malhotra. “Both films are very different from each other,’’ says Sonam, and yes, she is fully aware that she makes a swinging pair with the light-eyed Imran too.

“I’m thrilled with the direction my career is going,’’ says the youngster unable to keep the excitement out of her voice.

Understandably so. Sonam has had a couple of glitches in the initial stages. But one thing that was never in doubt is her talent. In that area, she reigns supreme.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

free counters

 
fineprint
(c) Bollywood Entertainment News · · · Blogger Template by SAK and All Rights Reserved 2009-10